Braidstream's exciting and eclectic music has been a major experience
for visiting dignitaries and international visitors to the Western North
Carolina mountains since 1985. They have been featured performers in
the internationally released "Christmas at the Biltmore Estate," filmed
for HGTV and A&E; they have received rave reviews and three standing
ovations from the 1999 Deepok Chopra Seminar at the Grove Park Inn.
Their performing venues include:
Theater and Film
- Schools: elementary through high school residencies and workshops.
- Diana Wortham Theater in Asheville.
- Numerous tri-state colleges and arts councils.
- Every WNC college and university.
- Festivals including: Bele Chere, Oktoberfest, First Night Asheville, Lake Eden Arts Festival (LEAF).
- Many NC area galas and events.
- Performance with the Asheville Symphony Orchestra in concert several times.
- Regular fare at all of the areas most celebrated resorts and inns:
The Biltmore Estate, Grove Park Inn, Inn at Biltmore, Richmond Hill Inn,
Kanuga Conference Center, Melange Inn and Nantahala Resort, to name a
- As members of both the North Carolina and South Carolina Touring Artists, they have made many appearances in conjunction with these organizations.
performers in two television specials with Host Burt Wolf at the
Biltmore Estate released nationally in November 2001 and is under
contract to run for many years on national television.
Braidstream has found tremendous success
in being commissioned to compose and perform original music for
theatrical productions. For those seeking to add music to their
commercials or film projects, the group has experience as featured
musicians in the Biltmore Estate television commercials and promotional